The CREATIVE side of YOU!

Artsy Journeys is the ultimate Art Adventure! There are no rules, no judgments, no special applications and no previous experiences necessary to create amazingly beautiful art drawn from your experiences and imagination.

Become one with your thoughts, ideas, dreams, memories and your goals through random applications of color, embellishments and how you happen to feel that day!

Join me and together we will explore and embrace that Art Adventure and walk that path of beauty.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Stepping back in Time with Art!

So, I will never be able to afford to buy mountain property and build a cabin. But where I am now is beautiful and has what I need to not only live, bu to produce my art in any form I desire! So I will readjust my mental thinking to the present....and you can follow me :-)

But first, true to my nature, I need to catch up on my artsy journey!

I have been diligent all summer and fall-painting, sewing, creating ....thinking about weeding the garden (which looks really good until August)
Hubby Steve and I spent the month of October getting ready to go back in time (so to speak) at the NC State Fair's Village of Yesteryear. Now he went "back" as a sign painter and I went back in the ancient art of silk painting. We had a grand time! Crowds of people, millions of questions, long hours :-)...and we stayed in our camper on the Fair grounds to save back and forth wear and tear. 

Stephen Filarsky in the Art of Hand Lettered Signs
Part of the fun of any art form that demonstrates to crowds is the response of the public. SIgn painting, once common in every town and city-has been replaced by the Internet era. But with people like Stephen Filarsky, it is alive and well!







Here I am in my booth-Steve to my left


So in a paragraph or so I have caught up with the past 6 months. It is of course never that simple but as I grow older I am discovering that it is OK to see that mountain and not climb directly over it...go around it or find an intelligent way to scale it :-)

And of course health. It is easy to take it for granted when young, but as I watch friends fall by the wayside, I realize that it becomes very precious when you hit your 50's-life span should not be measured in length-it should be measured in YOUR success (not someone else's interpretation)  

So my artsy journey is continuing  with my Cabin in the Woods in my next blog. Follow me!








No comments:

Post a Comment