The CREATIVE side of YOU!

Artsy Journeys is the ultimate Art Adventure! There are no rules, no judgments, no special applications and no previous experiences necessary to create amazingly beautiful art drawn from your experiences and imagination.

Become one with your thoughts, ideas, dreams, memories and your goals through random applications of color, embellishments and how you happen to feel that day!

Join me and together we will explore and embrace that Art Adventure and walk that path of beauty.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Abstract Expressions

Artsy Journeys are all about creating random art and exploring options, mediums and ideas. I have another "job" as an artist (for many years) and that is my portraits and abstract paintings. Yes the two can co-exist beautifully.....for me the abstracts evolved in high school as I explored the brush strokes created when the brush dipped in India ink, or seeing how to make a painting "move." 
"The Race" by M Theresa Brown. Conte crayon on paper 18 x 24

And the other day, while in the attic of our studio putting away Christmas decorations, I found an early example of what I would later add back to my repertoire....this drawing on the right was created in conte art crayon and was an early effort at depicting the horse and rider in movement in 2-D format. Looking at it decades later...I like it! And I now see this particular sketch as a thumbnail to a larger work on canvas :-)

Ain't life grand? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment