The CREATIVE side of YOU!

Artsy Journeys is the ultimate Art Adventure! There are no rules, no judgments, no special applications and no previous experiences necessary to create amazingly beautiful art drawn from your experiences and imagination.

Become one with your thoughts, ideas, dreams, memories and your goals through random applications of color, embellishments and how you happen to feel that day!

Join me and together we will explore and embrace that Art Adventure and walk that path of beauty.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Art in all forms!

So here I am in Seattle, Wa waiting for my daughter's first baby ...who has opted to take her time entering this world :-) thus giving me more free time than I originally thought that I would have!
Since a   trip to Washington State from North Carolina limits what can be carried, my unplanned free time means I did not bring any art to work on!

So a trip to the local Michael's resulted in a supply of felt, embroidery floss and a variety of fun stuff that goes back to my pre-painting days when my kids were very small and time and space were limited!
Yep I did a bunch of sewing back then and it was a substitute for my inability to paint as I wanted. And heck since I have a little granddaughter coming (maybe by this weekend) my daughter has already hung this little embroidered owl on the baby's wall :-)
Once I remembered how to do a blanket stitch among others (it all comes back) then I would up with this little, simple fellow-perfect for a nursery-made simply from cut out felt pieces and hand stitched (I could have used a sewing machine! Just 8" x 10". Will post some more as I work through this-leaving my poor artist husband Steve to hold down the fort in NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment